District 20 Leadership Conference is scheduled for February, 5, 2016 at Three Rivers College in Poplar Bluff.
The back-up date for the conference is Friday, February 19, 2016 at Three Rivers College in Poplar Bluff.
Welcome to our new district website! This should be your first stop for information regarding our contest. Please remember deadlines are not suggestions. They are needed to make everything run smoothly. There is a lot of work that goes on behind the scenes for everything to get done.
The fees for the conference are $10 per person. Advisers must be registered for the conference, as well as students.
Please remember that per district policy, each chapter must have at least one adviser assist the day of contest for their students to be eligible for competition. This helps the contest run more smoothly. At least one adviser from each chapter must attend the Fall Planning Meeting.
If you think of something you would like to see added to this site, please contact Jeff Davis, Lead Chapter Adviser, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Irene Jackson, Lead Chapter Adviser, at email@example.com.
The Fall Planning Meeting will be held from 11-3 pm on Friday, October, 9 at the Bread Company in Poplar Bluff.
Fall Planning Meeting Agenda
- Contact Sheet
- Location and Date of Conference
- Schedule of Events:
- registration from 8:00 to 8:30, with events beginning at 8:30 a.m.
- All events with performances will be performed at District
- All skills events will be uploaded online.
- 2015-2016 Topics
- District and State Conference Dress Code
- We should have 75% or better membership participation at DLC
- District Conference Registration Deadline—See Missouri Chapter Planning Guide
- Opening and Closing Dates for Online and Skills Testing (See Missouri Planning Guide)
- Number of Events Per Student—Each member may enter 3 events (no more than 2 of these have a performance component)
- Registration Fees—Flat fee of $10 per member attending and/or competing in DLC.
- Judges for Events—We have the list of judges from last year.
- Hospitality Room—Judges will receive 1 bottled water and 1 snack (granola bar type) as they meet to judge the events.
- Grading Day will be conducted at SEMO Campus one evening.
- Grading Room—Only those trained will be allowed in the grading room
- District Officers will conduct at least one workshop and will have duties at conference (Time keepers or doorkeepers)
- Puxico will have Middle Level members attending and assisting as time keepers and doorkeepers.
- Workshop topics, speakers, etc.
- Distict t-shirts design, selling at conference???
- Possible getting MO PBL President from SEMO to be present
- District officers candidates must have the Future Level of the BAA’s completed by deadline to be eligible to run.
- Judges will need to view a 5 minute video or we need to conduct a judge’s meeting
- All rating sheets and tally sheets will be scanned electronically—Document Scanner
- Make sure you have participates will be able to attend SLC when register
- At DLC, we will have slots at SLC that our district is responsible for to administer—signup for those then
- What worked well last year? What do we need to change? We need to have as many as possible members from all schools competing at the district level to increase our numbers for our district.
Remember all dates and information is in your Chapter Planning Guide, Chapter Management Handbook, and Missouri Competitive Event Handbook—Make sure you read through all the changes, updates, required elements for events, etc